- March 1 — Contradance
- It will be a hot dance night with Ted Hodapp calling to the music of Contratopia. More on our dance page.
- Celebration of Strings Concert
- A Hammered Dulcimer Showcase
Saturday, March 8, 8 pm
Shepherdstown Presbyterian Church
The hammered dulcimer is alive and well in Shepherdstown, West Virginia; not only does the area boast two of the instrument’s most respected builders and designers, but also is home to the Upper Potomac Music Weekends, where hammered dulcimer players, fiddlers and other musicians share tunes and techniques and explore a range of musical styles over three days of workshops, concerts and jam sessions on Shepherd University's campus and the surrounding historic buildings several times each year.
Each year one weekend features hammered dulcimer, and for over 20 years, the showcase concert has featured the best to be found on this instrument, and this year’s Celebration of Strings is no exception, with Randy Marchany, a fine player from the award-winning eclectic string band No Strings Attached and Andy Young from Chicago, both of whom will be accompanied by multi-instrumentalist Paul Oorts in a show whose eclectic repertoire will feature everything from a rich selection of Irish tunes, to bluegrass, French Canadian music and Parisian swing. An additional set featuring old-time fiddle, with our special guest Jane Rothfield, accompanied by her husband, guitarist and Scottish singer, Allan Carr.
- Read more on our concerts page.
- Music Weekends for All
- If you are a musician, whether newly-minted or experienced, our music weekends offer the opportunity to learn from many of our concert series performers. Visit the Upper Potomac Music Weekends site for details. Plans are in the works for the upcoming season. Please check out the site.